Seeking the welfare of our community holistically through empowerment programs.
A welcoming atmosphere for our entire community. Not just for church partners.
Though this operation is led by theCHURCH, it is not exclusive to those who are Christians. We love to help everyone. We welcome all people from all backgrounds without pushing any religious agenda. Christ-centered faith is an option and the basis of our framework, but not a requirement for participants.
Coffee shop. Leadership Training. Daily gatherings. Resource center.
Computer access. Job training and consistent workshops. Re-entry programs for people coming out of the prison systems. Resources for the homeless. Life skills workshops (home economics, etc). Youth programs. Work ethics programs.
A commitment to making our community better. A strong financial investment. Owning roots into our community.
In our community we have a lot of pain, unwise decisions, and country-wide problems, affecting every sector on our mountain. People need resources and guidance to begin a new, more stable, lifestyle.
Expanded opportunities. A place for growing together. Space for personal growth.
We believe there is a solution
Are you a partner, a partnering program, or a partnering organization of the RE:center?
WHAT’S HAPPENING NOW @ THE RE:CENTER!
Raising a Reader
- Parents with children ages birth to five years-old are invited to join us for a special literacy program! BEGINS FEB. 12TH @ 10AM.
- Learn how to build early literacy skills with your child and help them enter school ready to learn during this free 8-week workshop.
- Workshop includes
- Story time
- Arts & crafts
- Sing & dancing
- Educational resources
- A new book every week
Understanding Poverty / MAMA Workshop
Our workshop will be held: TBD
This workshop will help participants:
- Better understand poverty and the impact of chronic instability, scarcity, and stress
- Examine economic class and its impact on our lives and institutions
- Gain a deeper understanding of the challenge and strengths of people experiencing poverty and ways to build greater effectiveness in your work
- Learn about the MAMA program and how it is designed
- Learn how organizations and individuals can get involved
- Learn about the Getting Ahead in a Just Gettin’ By World workshop as one of the core components
- Learn about the experiences in Pima County where MAMA started
- Consider how to implement the MAMA program in your community