"Be Holy?" Message 9-6-20
Point: The life God has called us to is so much bigger than the life we lived without Him. Live the life that God desires to live from you, one that looks more and more like Jesus everyday.
1. Read 1 Peter 1:13-19. Peter assumes here that we’ve already been preparing our minds for action. Is this true for you? If so, how do you go about preparing your mind each day?
2. Look at verse 14 again. What do you think Peter means when he says, “do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance”?
3. Read verses 15-16. The expectation in these verses is that we would be holy in the same way that God is holy. That command seems impossible! What do you think it means to be holy, and how can we pursue holiness?
4. Why do you think so many people assume that holiness is just “observing the commandments” rather than a way of life?
5. Look at verses 17, 18, and 19. Does Jesus’ sacrifice make you want to honor Him with your life? If so, what are some ways you can live for Jesus this week and why?