"Cornerstone" Message 9-27-20
Point: Our lives are no less than building material for a spiritual, sacrificial house of God and in Jesus Who is the Cornerstone of the building and the Builder that started the building. Without Him there is no building, there are no people that can be called His people, no assembly that can be called His assembly, no church that can be called His church.
Scripture: 1 Peter 2:1-8
1. Read 1 Peter 2:1-8. Peter says that those who’ve “tasted that the Lord is good” will be “like living stones…built up as a spiritual house”. Do you consider yourself as a part of the house where God dwells? How should this change the way we live?
2. We usually assume worship is something that we “go to church” to do. Why is worship something we bring to the church, rather than something we go to do?
Rooted in Worship: Everything we do and say in every little moment of our lives is rooted in worship.
3. Peter says that we are being built up into a “holy priesthood”. What do you think it means that you and I are now priests of God?
4. Jesus is the cornerstone, the foundation for all of Christianity. Why do you think it is so easy to try to “build the building” without Jesus?
5. Peter says in verse 5 that we are to “offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.” How are you honoring God with your life? How are you allowing Jesus to live in and through you?