"Essentials" Message 4-19-20
Point: Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
Scripture: 1 Cor. 15:1; 2 Cor. 13:5
1. How must a person’s life, heart, mind, and soul be prepared to know God personally?
2. What do you think it means to receive the gospel of Jesus Christ? Why must we follow up with standing firm in it and how does that happen?
3. What do you think “vain belief” is and how is it contagious?
4. Read 2 Cor. 13:5. What is repentance and why do you think it is continually necessary in a life that pursues Jesus?
5. In a world that is constantly changing how can we truly “hold fast” to God’s word and what good can it really do?