"Faith Worth Fighting For" Message 11-3-19
Point: What we see will violate what we know unless what we know dictates what we see. (Lysa Terkeurst)
Scripture: Gen. 15:1-5; Heb. 11; 2 Cor. 5:1-10; 1 Tim. 6:3-12
1. Read Heb. 11:1,3; 2 Cor. 5:7. What is faith? What do you think it means to “walk by faith and not by sight”? What does it look like for you?
2. Read Gen. 15:1-5; Heb. 11:6. Why do you think God called Abe “righteous” just for believing Him? Why is it that trust/faith must proceed anything you might expect from God or want to do with/for God?
3. Why do you think that faith is often misrepresented as a belief thats needs no participation, no active buy in? How does this false representation of faith cause so many to walk away from God?
4. Read 1 Tim. 6:3-12. What do you think it means to “fight the good fight of faith”? Why do think it’s necessary to have to fight for our faith in today’s world?
5. Read Heb. 11:13-16. What are ways you can live out your faith faithfully in a world that considers Jesus people irrelevant or extreme?