"Handling Haters" Message 11-15-20
Point: Jesus followers should remember that they are designed to do good, honor Christ, and share their hope.
Scripture: 1 Peter 3:13-17
1. How do you think most people respond when their desire to do good is met with anger, hatred and animosity? How do you respond? According to the text, how should we respond as Christians?
2. Peter says we should be prepared to give a defense for the hope that is in us, not necessarily to defend God or His Word. What do you think it means to defend your hope in Christ?
3. What is the danger when we choose not to honor Christ and defend our hope with gentleness and respect?
4. How will keeping Jesus the Lord of your heart prepare you for criticism, questions, and even suffering?
5. What is God teaching you through this sermon? Where is He convicting you to change?