"Love first" Message 5-17-20
Point: Life in Christ was never intended to be lived alone. But in order to pursue this life the way He intended we must love each other the way He commanded.
Scripture: Jn. 13:34-35; 1 Peter 1:22-23; Romans 12:1-2
1. Read 1 Peter 1:22-23. What are the requirements of good, even great, friendships/relationships? Explain.
2. When Christians truly love one another how is life in Christ better and sometimes even easier?
3. What are some of the roadblocks to doing life together with other brothers and sisters in Christ? Why do you think it’s hard to get involved?
4. Read Rom. 12:1-2 How does allowing God to renew the way you think about others in His church help create a pathway to loving them the way Jesus loves you?
5. Right now the term social distancing is taking a toll on our world and the church especially. What are some ways we can be intentional and engaged in our relationships, while at the same time respecting others’ space and not putting people in danger?