"Pursue" Message 5-3-20
Point: We cannot know God if we refuse to listen to Him, nor will we understand the life He created us to live if we choose not to hear from Him.
Scripture: Colossians 3:1-4; Psalm 119:9-16
- Read Colossians 3:1-4 and Psalm 119:9-16. What does it look like to “set your mind on things that are above”?
- Why do you think it’s so hard for people to read God’s word? Explain.
- Why do so many people allow “the preacher” to do all the heavy lifting of reading and understanding God’s Word? What problems does this create?
- What is necessary for someone to become a student of God’s word or even have interest in reading it continually?
- What are some practical ways to make reading the Word a habit? What keeps you in the Word? What keeps you away?