"The Greater Work" Message 10-13-19
Point: Prayer does not equip us for greater works— prayer is the greater work (Chambers)
Scripture: Acts 1:12-14; Acts 4:42-47; Acts 4:23-31; 1 Thes. 5:16-18
1. Why do we think the only “answer” to prayer can be “yes” otherwise God “has not answered our prayers”?
2. Read Acts 1:12-14. When and why do most people pray? When are prayers asked for, hoped for, and relied on most? Why?
3. Read 1 Thes. 5:16-18. What do you think it means to “pray without ceasing”?
4. Read Acts Acts 2:42-47. Why is praying with other believers important?
5. Read Acts 4:23-31. Why do you think praying together is often overlooked?What do you need to do to become more intentional about praying with other believers?